Registration – In-Scope Electrical Equipment
Summary of requirements to sell in-scope electrical equipment in EESS participating jurisdictions
|In-scope electrical equipment||Equipment registration in the EESS||Evidence of compliance with the relevant standard||Compliance Folder||Certificate of Suitability||Certificate of Conformity||Marked with the RCM|
|Level 1||Voluntary||Mandatory||Highly Recommended||Voluntary||N/A||Mandatory|
|Level 3||Mandatory||Mandatory||Highly Recommended||N/A||Mandatory||Mandatory|
To sell in-scope equipment in EESS participating jurisdictions, the following is required:
- The Responsible Supplier of in-scope equipment is registered on the EESS Registration Database.
- A declaration is made that all equipment meets relevant standards, is electrically safe and complies with EESS and relevant electrical safety laws.
- The Responsible Supplier has registered the equipment (risk Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 equipment) on the EESS Registration Database and has met registration requirements (for more information on how to register, see here).
- Registration fees have been paid.
- The in-scope equipment is marked with the Regulatory Compliance Mark (RCM) in accordance with AS/NZS 4417.1 and AS/NZS 4417.2, for more information on labelling of items with the RCM click here.
Registration of Level 1 equipment on the EESS Registration Database is voluntary.
Registration for all Level 2 and Level 3 equipment on the EESS Registration Database by a Registered Responsible Supplier is mandatory.
Penalties may apply if a Responsible Supplier is found to be supplying Level 2 or Level 3 electrical equipment that is not registered on the EESS Registration Database.